Woodland Hills Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Our Lawyers Are Ready to Pursue Your Claim in Settlement Negotiations or Through Skilled, Experienced Litigation
Injuries to pedestrians are some of the most serious and life-threatening injuries, since many accidents involve vehicles, and the pedestrian has no protection or means of evasion. If you have been injured, please schedule a consultation with Frish Law Group, APLC.
Pedestrians are especially vulnerable when walking across or near a roadway and rely on the careful driving of motorists for their safety. However, many drivers fail to watch for pedestrians, or will even drive aggressively, increasing the possibility of injury. If a driver of a car or truck fails to observe traffic laws or signals, or otherwise disregards your safety, they may be liable for any injuries that you have suffered.
Types of Pedestrian Accidents
There is a wide range of situations where a pedestrian can become injured, and some of the most common include:
- A pedestrian legally crossing a street and being struck by a vehicle that fails to yield
- A vehicle that backs up without looking to see if there is anyone present
- Walking on the shoulder of a road and a vehicle fails to give a safe distance to pass
- A vehicle that swerves onto a sidewalk and strikes a pedestrian
- A jogger who is sideswiped by a vehicle
- When an individual exits a car or bus, and an approaching vehicle strikes them
- Driving carelessly in a parking lot or parking garage and failing to look for pedestrians
- Sidewalks or other pedestrian avenues that are in disrepair or present a hazard of tripping and falling — the municipality or property owner may be at fault
If any of these situations resulted in your injuries, the driver involved may be at fault. In some cases, the driver may claim that you contributed to the accident by crossing illegally or failing to watch for approaching cars. The lawyers at Frish Law Group, APLC will be able to evaluate the unique facts of your accident and the potential for compensation.
Damage Awards Available in Pedestrian Accidents
If your injuries were caused by a careless driver, then you may be entitled to several types of restitution. Even if you were partially at fault, you may still be entitled to recover a percentage of the resulting damages.
Types of damages available can include:
- Actual medical costs for injuries, including hospitalization, surgeries, and rehabilitation
- Loss of income from lost inability to work
- Loss of personal effects
- Pain and suffering for life-altering injuries
Because of the obvious disadvantage to pedestrians that must share a street crossing or roadway with vehicles, drivers must exercise special care in passing or yielding to those on foot. If a driver fails to consider your safety, or neglects to look for pedestrians, then they may be at fault and liable for your injuries.
Can A Pedestrian Be At Fault For A Car Pedestrian Accident?
Although motor vehicles must also yield to pedestrian, a pedestrian can be found partially or fully at fault for a car pedestrian accident if:
- A pedestrian was crossing against the traffic signal
- A pedestrian was crossing the road outside a crosswalk
- A pedestrian was walking where pedestrian access is clearly not allowed
Our Firm Has Recovered MillionsIf you have been involved in a pedestrian accident, then please contact us as soon as possible. Insurers or other parties may attempt to minimize your claim or portray your actions as the cause of injury, and you will need an aggressive legal advocate on your side.
Our firm is committed to pursuing accident claims on behalf of our clients. In some cases, we will seek a settlement with the other party or their insurers, but we are prepared to litigate your case in court if necessary. We have the litigation and trial experience to present and defend your claim accurately and aggressively.
Contact our firm today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with a member of our firm.