Motorcycle accidents can potentially lead to severe, even catastrophic injuries. Unfortunately, many of these accidents are the fault of the automobile driver and are often preventable. Drivers of cars, vans, trucks and other vehicles have a responsibility to drive cautiously, so that motorcycle riders have a better chance of staying safe on the road.
Ways You Can Help Motorcyclists Stay Safe
There are substantially more trucks and cars than motorcycles on the road, which is often why many drivers tend to forget to look out for them.
Here are some ways you can prevent motorcycle accidents:
- Due to their size, motorcycles often easily hide in the blind spots of cars. To ensure you do not miss them, it is important to always take a moment to check for motorcycles when turning at an intersection or changing lanes.
- Motorcycles also tend to appear farther away. To prevent a collision, assume that they are closer than they look.
- A bumper-to-bumper accident with a motorcycle is far more dangerous than one between two automobiles, so it is important to leave plenty of distance to ensure you are always able to stop on time.
Motorcyclists have the same rights as other motorists on the road, so keep this in mind as you share the road with them.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcyclists can sustain a vast range of injuries when involved in an accident.
Below is a list of some of the most common ones:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Organ damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken ribs
- Internal bleeding
- Facial disfigurement
- Amputated or broken limbs
Road Hazards and Motorcycle Accidents
Although negligent drivers are often at fault for motorcycle accidents. Road conditions also play a part, at times. Some road hazards and conditions are simply acts of nature. Others are the fault of local governments.
Here are some common hazardous road conditions that may cause a motorcycle accident:
- Construction debris
- Fallen rocks, signs, or trees
- High winds, ice, and fog
- Loose gravel
- Standing water
- Poor road design
- Steep drop-offs
Schedule a Consultation with an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorney Today!
If you sustained injuries in a motorcycle accident, do not hesitate to contact the skilled personal injury team at Frish Law Group, APLC for the personalized attention and aggressive representation you need to obtain the best outcome.
Call our law office today at (818) 480-3885 to schedule a confidential consultation with a member of our team to get started on your case and learn more about your legal options and rights.