Woodland Hills Tenant Rights Lawyer

Experienced Attorneys Representing the Los Angeles Area

  • Decades worth of experience fighting for personal injury victims

  • Our attorneys have been featured in Los Angeles Times, CNN, ABC and NBC

  • Over 200 five-star reviews from happy clients

  • You don’t pay unless we win

  • Call us for a free consultation

Frish Law Group, APLC provides you with a landlord-tenant lawyer who is prepared to assist with any disputes that may involve your leased property. The business of leasing residential or commercial property can sometimes involve conflicts with tenants and require a legal solution.

We understand that your business income relies on tenants to abide by lease terms, make payments, and prevent property damage. If any of these are violated, your losses may be recovered by filing suit in court and making the other party accountable.

Areas of Landlord-Tenant Law and Litigation

There are central issues in leasing property that are prone to disputes between landlords and tenants. We have the background in property law and lease agreements to know how to handle each situation and achieve a successful resolution for our clients. Although our tenant rights lawyer in Los Angeles attempt to reach an agreement out of court, we are ready to aggressively litigate your case, if necessary. The areas of landlord-tenant law that frequently arise include:

Breach of lease agreements: This is the most common type of conflict where tenants are not fulfilling the terms of their lease. In residential leases, this may be as simple as not paying rent and still occupying the premises. For commercial tenants, there may be issues with utility payments, subleasing and assignment, modification of property, and insurance payments. In both cases, tenants are required to meet their obligations and follow the terms of the lease, or risk eviction from the property.

Property misuse or damage: Most tenants are required to provide a security deposit to cover damages, but this does not simply permit any type of use that can affect the property’s value or habitability. Persistent damage can affect your investment, and should be dealt with quickly. Commercial tenants are restricted to certain types of retail or business activity, and any deviation from those terms can be the basis for a lawsuit.

Non-compliance with local law or regulations: If a tenant is violating local laws and regulations, you as landlord have a responsibility to force compliance. This may include noise restrictions, ensuring compliance with health and safety standards, restricting certain types of business activity in a residential area, or handling a tenant’s failure to abide by association rules in a development complex. A tenant may also make a complaint against a landlord for similar violations, and we can represent you if that occurs.

Eviction processes: If a tenant’s actions cannot be brought into alignment with the lease terms, then the only recourse is to begin an eviction process. We are familiar with the requirements of evictions, and can advise you on the necessary steps to expedite the legal process. Commercial leases do not carry the same protections, and once breached, a tenant can be evicted quickly if they refuse to abide by the terms of the lease.

Frish Law Group: Available For All Your Landlord-Tenant Disputes

Having an experienced landlord-tenant attorney at your side can bring your case to resolution and allow you to return to managing your income properties. Frish Law Group has the resources you need for any type of dispute with your tenants, and allowing us to communicate with the tenant can result in an easier and more efficient resolution. We can explain to the tenant the nature and legal consequence of the lease violation. If the tenant does not respond favorably, then we can either commence eviction proceedings or file suit to prompt performance.

As a landlord, you have legal remedies available to protect your property’s value and preserve the rental income. If you have a dispute with a tenant and want to review your rights and remedies, please contact us for a consultation so that we can assist you.